Provence Tote Bag - Navy
Provence Tote Bag - Navy
Fashion doesn't have to cost the earth with this super stylish Navy tote bag made from recycled plastic bottles by Weaver Green.
Generously sized, with a look and feel of textured wool, these handwoven, Scandinavian inspired shoulder bags in soft muted colours are the perfect accessory for everyday toting. Multi-functional, these bags are great for shopping, family fun days on the beach or picnics in the park. Plus they're waterproof, hard wearing, mould resistant and easy to clean. Now that's a bag that works hard to combine style and practicality.
* Stylish and timeless Scandinavian influenced geometric design
* Each bag is made from approximately 50 recycled plastic bottles and features large leather handles
* Hand loomed by skilled artisans using traditional methods. Artisan weavers work in safe conditions and are paid a fair wage.
Multi-functional use - great for indoors and outdoors
* Environmentally friendly and ethically produced.
* Hardwearing - Resistant to parties - red wine stains simply wash out!
* Easy to clean - Shake out loose debris then spot or hand wash using a light detergent. Allow to air dry naturally. Do not tumble dry.
Size : 37cm tall X 42cm wide
Please note: All bags are hand loomed so minor variations in colour and size may occur. Also some pilling can occur as the recycled plastic bottle yarn has been designed to look and feel like wool. This is normal.
The Founders Tasha and Barney were travelling in Asia and stumbled across a fishing rope made from unraveled plastic bottles, lids and all. Inspired by this, the couple who had a strong environmental ethos, decided to start exploring the many ways plastic could be given a second chance within our homes and gardens.
It took 7 years to create the perfect textile, that not only has the look and feel of wool, but is also machine washable, stain resistant, environmentally friendly and suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
Today, Weaver Green offer beautiful bags that offer all of the benefits of plastic without any compromise in style, feel or value. All the bags are hand loomed by artisans across Asia and Europe.
They take care to ensure that everyone involved in the process of turning a discarded plastic bottle into a beautiful bag is treated fairly and paid accordingly. Their weaving houses are independently inspected to ensure the safe and fair working conditions of their artisans.